The Dreaming Tree...

Friday, January 25, 2008


Standing here, the old man said to me:
"Long before these crowded streets, here stood my Dreaming Tree."
Below it he would sit, for hours at a time;
Now progress takes away what forever took to find.
And now he's falling hard,
He feels the falling dark;
How he longs to be beneath his Dreaming Tree...

- dave matthews

i found this old picture of my poppi, my dad's dad, in an old photo album last night. it struck me and i immediately had to post it. i wish you could see the expression on his face in the photo, unfortunately my scanner isn't the greatest. his face is glazed over and he's showing the smallest hint of a smile... i listened to before these crowded streets this afternoon and had to repeat this song as it always hits me. divine coincidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO FOLKS and thanks for reading www.isweatbutter.com! i look forward to reading your comments on my posts, but understand that some people have a tough time figuring out the "process." so here's a quick lesson for you: just type your comment in the space provided, and don't even worry about signing in... choose the "name/url" option and just type your first name or a nickname and then hit "publish comment." that's it, it's just that easy! thanks again for reading and for commenting!

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP