'Tis the Season to Wear 'dem Flip-Flops!

Monday, May 12, 2008

i haven't determined exactly when; whether it happened in my past life, or if it's going to happen in my next life, but i am determined to have a life where i am eternally a fifty-something year old, white haired, sun tanned, leather-skinned hippie living in a bungalow on the beach in the florida keys somewhere. still working at the 'local' bar, listening to jimmy buffett's greatest hits on a tinny-sounding boombox, bartending in shorts, a crazy shirt, and most importantly FLIP-FLOPS. i'll ride a bike to get groceries and have a cat named 'sven.' my dog 'fin,' who gets along great with sven, will wander the beach in search of snacks from tourists and bask in the sun for the remainder of his day. i'll smoke hand-rolled cigarettes and drink red stripes. i'll sleep in a hammock and my 'guest room' will be my old vw bus parked out back. maybe i'll even go back to my old nickname 'fish,' which wouldn't be so out-of-place in these surroundings. i'd be a hip daddio.

i can't tell you how happy it made me to type that out. i really have thought about that a lot and have always wondered why i knew so many of the details. i've stopped wondering. now i just pray that i haven't screwed up so horribly that my next life will follow my tale. the reason that i'm actually writing this, is because i found my summer 2008 flip-flops. the pair of flip-flops that i must have for the summer. for those who know me, i'd do well in ethiopia because of my ease of not wearing foot garments. i'd love to be barefoot all the time, but since that's not always an option flips are my standby. in the winter when flops just won't do, i wear crocs unless otherwise necessary. the really funny thing is i also LOVE shoes. i have way too many pairs. more pairs than most women that i know, i just don't like wearing them so much. and the other funny thing... I HATE FEET. there is no such thing as "cute," "pretty," or "nice" feet. ALL feet are disgusting. mariska hargitay, the most beautiful woman on the face of the earth, has ugly feet. i promise. take a look next time you're in the shower, they are disgusting. even mine.

but anyway... i found new flops on www.simpleshoes.com. a site for which i have purchased many a shoe from in the past. i believe i currently have 3 pairs in my collection. they are fantastic. and these eco-flops, like most simple brand shoes, also have other added benefits. they're made of recycled tires and sustainable and biodegradable parts. and this pair also supports www.stopglobalwarming.org. so the way i see it, i pay $65, i get a sweet pair of enviro-friendly flips and maybe, just maybe my proceeds will help that damn ozone layer. it's a win-win. i highly recommend 'em. check it.

CHECK OUT THE SIMPLE SHOE COMPANY HERE.

1 comments:

Crazy Momma 2:43 PM  

I love feet...nuff said.

Post a Comment

HELLO FOLKS and thanks for reading www.isweatbutter.com! i look forward to reading your comments on my posts, but understand that some people have a tough time figuring out the "process." so here's a quick lesson for you: just type your comment in the space provided, and don't even worry about signing in... choose the "name/url" option and just type your first name or a nickname and then hit "publish comment." that's it, it's just that easy! thanks again for reading and for commenting!

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP