Forward...

Thursday, March 13, 2008

'forward'

when did you run away?
how is it far from here?
only look back when the future's not so clear.
wandering around the room, everything's in it's space,
i'm the only thing that doesn't fit in this place.
who am i supposed to be?
falling while i'm standing still,
do i deal so willingly with the fact i've lost the will?
my sad song saves me, my down days feel right,
i dream of a day i'll know what keeps me up at night.

forward, forward, forward, i go, forward,
forward, forward, forward...

steady as i don't go, thrown into i don't know,
can i ever let myself, just let myself go?
floating down the stairs, no one knows i'm near,
i shout at the shadows, don't let me catch you here!
lingering on the porch, breathing til i'm bored,
caught between a prison gate and a wide-open door.
pushing from within, everything's not fine,
tonight i'm gonna take back, take back what's mine.
i'm gonna take back what's mine.

you'll never find me here,
forward...
...forward...
...you'll never find me here...


these amazing lyrics are from the song 'forward' by dane cook. yes, dane cook. i'm having trouble myself believing it myself; i just can't seem to figure out how to take it. i've been able to confirm, via itunes and dane cook's myspace, that it is indeed him. but why? i get that he's got a few comedy songs out there as of late, but there is nothing funny about this song. it mirrors such an emotional situation. is it from one of the soundtracks to one of his movies? i've been searching all over the place to try and find the answer. this is the first time ever that neither google nor wikipedia have been able to help me, which has even caused me to reach out to yahoo answers. (which i hate.) more on my hatred of yahoo answers later...

EXPERIENCE+CHANGE=2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO FOLKS and thanks for reading www.isweatbutter.com! i look forward to reading your comments on my posts, but understand that some people have a tough time figuring out the "process." so here's a quick lesson for you: just type your comment in the space provided, and don't even worry about signing in... choose the "name/url" option and just type your first name or a nickname and then hit "publish comment." that's it, it's just that easy! thanks again for reading and for commenting!

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP