I've Got To Beat Oprah To It...

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

you'll see it on oprah tomorrow, and the headlines will all read something along the lines of 'a man is having a baby.'

i don't get it. i grew up with the understanding that the anatomy of one's body determines one's sex. boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. as far as i know, that's still the case. now i'm certainly not trying to create enemies here, as i know that the previous statement could be easily argued with statements about anatomy NOT being the only determining factor in one's gender determination. some might say it's a 50/50 between anatomy and mental state.

i'll feign my ignorance here, and continue...
tracy pop's a few hormones to grow facial hair, gets a voluntary mastectomy, doesn't shave her pits for a few months, hangs on to her vagina, changes her name to thomas and lives her life as a man. her "wife" gets her tubes tied and they decide to have a baby...

i don't see anything wrong with people living their lives the way they feel comfortable. i don't care about other's sexual orientation, race or religion. i DO, however, have a problem with people who live their lives the way they wish, fight for their freedom, in this case for a 'same sex marriage,' and then change their mind in an overly-dramatic 180. indecisivness breeds anger.

the typical couple, in this situation, would most likely look into a surrogate mother or adoption. i can't stop thinking that if this wasn't just a search for 15 minutes or a guest spot on oprah, this couple would have done the same. but we are all well aware of the fact that there aren't enough children in need of adoption in the world!?!?

2 comments:

Crazy Momma 9:15 AM  

Yet another argument I had with my 8 year old. He heard about this long before I did.

How do I explain to my child that "Thomas" isn't REALLY a man?

And I wonder...is s/he going to stop taking those hormones while h/she is pregnant? Can you imagine how dangerous those are to a fetus?

I'm really okay with this couple having a child but I wonder if they may have alterior motives considering it is, nearly, the only thing I have heard about for a week.

Crazy Momma 9:44 AM  

My sister brought this up last night while we were on the phone. I have decided that this family really angers me.

Had he really wanted to have this baby, fine. But why is he appearing in front of cameras left and right? What happens when this baby is born? How will he or she ever have a normal life?

I try to be tolerant of all human beings and their choices but I don't understand this enough yet..

Post a Comment

HELLO FOLKS and thanks for reading www.isweatbutter.com! i look forward to reading your comments on my posts, but understand that some people have a tough time figuring out the "process." so here's a quick lesson for you: just type your comment in the space provided, and don't even worry about signing in... choose the "name/url" option and just type your first name or a nickname and then hit "publish comment." that's it, it's just that easy! thanks again for reading and for commenting!

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP