I have had a friend in Jesus.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i'm not sure that i've secured my ticket on the eternal damnation express with all of those i <3 jesus bumpersticker posts, so in an attempt to receive my receipt marked paid in full, i bring to you, courtesy of slog, my vote for music video of the year. it's a real gem by a lovely republican evangelical group called sonseed.* i'm not exactly sure of the song title, but i'm almost positive that it has something to do with not being friends with jesus.

*i’d like to again point out that the name of this band is “sonseed,” which is clearly nothing more than a euphemism for “jesus jizz.” oh, look! there's my receipt.

be sure to listen to the deep, meaningful lyrics. these are some of my favorites:

"once i tried to run | i tried to run and hide | but jesus came and found me and he touched me down inside | he is like a mountie | he always gets his man | and he’ll zap you any way he can"

that makes me want to start going back to church.

[via slog]

2 comments:

Anonymous,  4:12 PM  

There is just so much to say about this. I don't even know where to begin! The best thing to do, I think, is to pose a series of questions.

1. How dare Mr. Comb-Over subject a Gibson Les Paul to such atrocious piece of music. You know he was getting a hard-on behind it.

2. Was this what SNL was modeling the Culp Family sketches after? Because all I could think of was Marty and Bobbi Mohan-Culp getting down at Altadena Middle School the whole time I was watching this.

3. Can I get you to hang on to my receipt as well? I know Jesus is frowning upon some of my most recent thoughts so I'll pick it up soon. No worries though, the price was worth it!

Hilarious as usual, thanks!

tony a.k.a. isweatbutter 12:17 AM  

don't worry, it's not a real les paul, it's only a guitar hero controller! i actually think that the keyboard player was indeed bobbi mohan-culp, in the flesh. you have no need to worry, after the whole "lance burning in hell" thing, your ticket is pain in full.

:)

Post a Comment

HELLO FOLKS and thanks for reading www.isweatbutter.com! i look forward to reading your comments on my posts, but understand that some people have a tough time figuring out the "process." so here's a quick lesson for you: just type your comment in the space provided, and don't even worry about signing in... choose the "name/url" option and just type your first name or a nickname and then hit "publish comment." that's it, it's just that easy! thanks again for reading and for commenting!

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP